Nothing – and I mean absolutely nothing – says “spring” like fresh asparagus! This super-simple oven-roasted recipe brings out the natural sweetness of fresh asparagus.
In today’s Foodie Friday recipe, we’re celebrating spring! There is nothing like fresh asparagus, and unless you’ve ever had asparagus fresh from the garden, you may not know what you’re missing. But this recipe can make even store-bought asparagus amazing! The olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice complement the sweetness of the roasted asparagus for a perfect combination.
It’s super-easy to make, and is a great way to bring the fresh flavors of spring to your table. It is a wonderful side dish to go along with grilled fish or lamb, or a juicy burger.
All you need for this simple, healthy and delicious recipe from AllRecipes.com is a bunch of fresh asparagus, a couple of basic ingredients like olive oil and garlic, and a hot oven!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
1 bunch fresh asparagus spears, trimmed*
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place the asparagus into a mixing bowl, and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Toss to coat the spears, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange the asparagus onto a foil-lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until just tender, 12 to 15 minutes depending on thickness.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice just before serving.
* Tip: To remove woody ends, hold stalk of asparagus at the stem end and about halfway up the stalk and bend gently until it snaps. It will naturally snap where it starts to get tough.
Find more tips and variations on this recipe at AllRecipes.com.