[Foodie Friday Recipe] Vegan Matcha Avocado Ice Cream
Give yourself an excuse to indulge this summer with this healthy, rich, and creamy matcha avocado ice cream recipe!
Avocado ice cream? It may sound strange, but avocados and ice cream are actually a match made in heaven!
With their creamy texture and delicious richness, avocados are a great way to make your ice cream extra creamy – and they are a godsend for those who prefer to eat vegan or avoid dairy. Non-dairy ice creams can often seem grainy and lack the richness we love in a good frozen dessert. Avocado solves this problem, while adding healthy fats without any strong flavors, so you can flavor your ice cream however you like it. (The recipe below is vanilla, but it would also be delicious with chocolate protein powder instead.)
Coconut milk adds more richness and flavor, and maple syrup makes a great natural sweetener. Add some protein powder, and you’ve got yourself a vegan dessert that’s actually good for you!
Even better, you don’t even need an ice cream machine to make this recipe! All you need is a freezer and a blender or food processor and you’re ready to whip up a batch.
Matcha Avocado Ice Cream Recipe
Yield: 2 to 3 servings
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours
- 2 ripe avocados, cut into cubes and frozen
- 1 (14-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 2 scoops Iconic Protein Powder, Vanilla Bean
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately for soft-serve, or pour into loaf pan and freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
Recipe Source: ThriveMarket.com