[Foodie Friday Recipe] Turmeric Ginger Smoothie With Chia Seeds
August 4, 2017 | Clean & Healthy Eating, Real Food Recipes|
Spice up your day with this creamy, delicious, and powerful superfood-packed smoothie recipe!
This tasty recipe contains 6 “super food” ingredients to take your smoothie to the next level. Coconut milk and chia seeds help create a thick, creamy texture and a rich flavor, while turmeric and ginger reduce inflammation and improve digestion. Coconut oil adds a source of healthy fats and keeps you feeling full and satisfied long after you’ve finished every drop.
Not only does it taste amazing, but you’ll be doing your body good by feeding it lots of healthy nutrients in one big glass!
Here’s what you’ll need to make this awesome superfood smoothie:
Turmeric Ginger Smoothie with Chia Seeds & Coconut OilServes: 1
- 1½ cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 t turmeric
- 1 t coconut oil, softened
- 2 T raw or Manuka honey
- 1 t ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 t chia seeds
- 1 cup ice, optional
- Combine ice, coconut milk, turmeric, coconut oil, honey and ginger in a blender. Blend on high speed until smooth and icy.
- Pour into a glass and stir in chia seeds. Wait a few minutes before drinking to allow chia seeds to bloom slightly.
Recipe By Jennafer Ashley at PaleoHacks.com.