Support your health & add flavor to your meals fast with this simple garlic & olive oil spread recipe…
When you’re super busy, preparing healthy and flavorful meals at home can be a challenge. But rather than resorting to unhealthy fast food, or restaurant takeout – which can take a bite out of your budget fast, learning to cook quick, easy, and healthy meals at home can not only help you achieve your health goals, but will also save you quite a bit of money.
One helpful trick is to prepare large batches of things like sauces, dips, spreads, and dressings in advance. This way, you’ll be able to add lots of flavor to your meals in no time. Making sauces ahead of time and freezing them means you can pull them out whenever you’re pressed for time and have a homemade meal on the table fast. Keeping dips, spreads, and dressings on hand in the fridge is a great way to ensure you’ll have plenty of healthy options for dipping fruits or veggies as a healthy snack, or whipping up a quick salad for lunch.
For example, this deliciously flavorful garlic and olive oil spread is a super simple way to add a ton of flavor fast – and it’s got lots of healing compounds to support your health goals!
Here are just a few of the healing powers of garlic, according to TheSacredScience.com:
Allicin from garlic has proven to be antibacterial and antiviral, making it a natural remedy that wards off all types of germs. It increases the production of white blood cells – the very cells that fight off infections. This alone makes garlic perfect for keeping the immune system strong and healthy during the wintertime (or really any time of the year).
And on top of its immunity-boosting benefits, garlic has been shown to kill certain types of cancer cells, including lung and prostate. It’s also proven to be effective at preventing and treating heart disease — specifically helping people lower cholesterol and blood pressure.
This simple topping can be added to lots of different foods. Keep a jar in the fridge at all times (especially during the winter), and add a spoonful to pasta dishes, soups, salads, or dips. You can also use it as a pungent and tasty spread on bread or toast – either with other additions such as radishes, avocado, or sliced cold cuts, or simply by itself!
Simple Garlic & Olive Oil Spread Recipe
Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 3 Bulbs of Garlic
- 1 Cup of Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Small Glass Jar, with a lid (12 oz is ideal)
- Break each garlic bulb into separate cloves and carefully peel off the skin.
- Place garlic into a small food processor, and pulse until fully minced. (You can also use a kitchen knife and mince by hand but it will take longer.)
- Transfer minced garlic into your empty jar.
- Pour olive oil over top of the garlic.
- Fasten the lid on top of the jar. Turn the jar over a few times to fully combine the olive oil and garlic.
- Store in the fridge, and stir before using. It will keep for at least a couple of weeks if refrigerated.