[Foodie Friday Recipe] Summer Veggie Avocado Salad
September 23, 2022 | Real Food Recipes|
Cool cucumber, juicy tomatoes, and creamy avocados? Yes, please! This summer veggie avocado salad is just what you’ve been looking for…
Summer’s winding down, so why not take advantage of the final bounty of late summer produce? Case in point: this hearty and delicious avocado salad!
Summery cucumbers and ripe, juicy tomatoes are a winning combination, and the addition of avocado adds a creamy richness to this delicious salad, along with plenty of healthy and satiating fats. And cilantro, lemon, and red onion add a flavorful kick. You can also add a sprinkle of crumbled feta cheese or chopped herbs if desired.
This salad makes a great side dish for grilled meats, or you can also enjoy it as a topping for tacos!
Summer Veggie Avocado Salad
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced (or 16 ripe cherry tomatoes, halved)
- ½ red onion, diced
- 3 ripe avocados, diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place diced cucumber, tomatoes, onion, and avocado to a bowl.
- Add cilantro, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
- Gently toss until everything is incorporated.
- Chill for an hour or two, or enjoy right away!
Recipe Source: BioTrust.com