Looking for a healthy recipe perfect for fall? Try this delicious squash ravioli with creamy ricotta & arugula!
Sweet and nutty winter squash is a wonderful ingredient for hearty fall recipes. Filling, tasty, and packed with antioxidants and fiber, it’s also a super healthy food!
This delicious recipe from Jamie Oliver combines squash with creamy ricotta – a great source of the minerals calcium and phosphorus, both of which are essential for healthy bones and teeth, plus it’s lower in fat than most other cheeses – and peppery arugula, for the perfect hearty but healthy fall dish.
Squash & Ricotta Ravioli
Cook & Prep Time: 2H 30M
- 1 small butternut squash (900g)
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- ½ a bunch of fresh basil (15g)
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 300 g flour , plus extra for dusting
- 600 ml 7-veg tomato sauce
- 70 g fresh rocket (arugula)
- 10 g Parmesan cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- In a tray, roast the squash whole for 1 hour.
- Add the ricotta and roast for another 30 minutes, or until the squash is cooked through.
- Halve it in the tray, discarding the skin and seeds.
- Pick, finely chop and add the basil leaves, then mash it all with the ricotta, scraping up any sticky bits from the tray. Taste, season to perfection, and cool.