Foodie Friday Recipe: Squash & Ricotta Ravioli With Arugula
December 2, 2016 | Real Food Recipes|
Looking for a healthy recipe perfect for fall? Try this delicious squash ravioli with creamy ricotta & arugula!
Sweet and nutty winter squash is a wonderful ingredient for hearty fall recipes. Filling, tasty, and packed with antioxidants and fiber, it’s also a super healthy food!
This delicious recipe from Jamie Oliver combines squash with creamy ricotta – a great source of the minerals calcium and phosphorus, both of which are essential for healthy bones and teeth, plus it’s lower in fat than most other cheeses – and peppery arugula, for the perfect hearty but healthy fall dish.
Squash & Ricotta Ravioli
Cook & Prep Time: 2H 30M
- 1 small butternut squash (900g)
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- ½ a bunch of fresh basil (15g)
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 300 g flour , plus extra for dusting
- 600 ml 7-veg tomato sauce
- 70 g fresh rocket (arugula)
- 10 g Parmesan cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- In a tray, roast the squash whole for 1 hour.
- Add the ricotta and roast for another 30 minutes, or until the squash is cooked through.
- Halve it in the tray, discarding the skin and seeds.
- Pick, finely chop and add the basil leaves, then mash it all with the ricotta, scraping up any sticky bits from the tray. Taste, season to perfection, and cool.
For full instructions, visit JamieOliver.com…