Try this healthier alternative to holiday cocktails & bring in the New Year with this sparkling cranberry kombucha mocktail instead!
Want to enjoy a celebratory drink, without the hangover? This alcohol-free mocktail is a healthy and refreshing way to celebrate the holidays – or simply the winter season. Ginger and rosemary add a tasty and healthy kick along with a festive flavor, while the kombucha provides a bit of sparkle and a healthy dose of probiotics. The tart cranberry juice is a perfect pairing (you can also substitute pomegranate juice for a bit more natural sweetness), and packs a punch of antioxidants.
Party the night away with this tasty beverage, and you’ll sleep better, avoid the headache and dehydration of traditional alcoholic cocktails, and support your gut health at the same time!
If you don’t have kombucha, you can also substitute ginger beer, ginger soda, or water kefir or soda water for sparkle.
Sparkling Cranberry Kombucha Mocktail Recipe
Time: 10 minutes
- 2 8-oz bottles kombucha of choice (such as ginger, cranberry, or ‘original/unflavored’)
- ½ cup 100% cranberry juice (or pomegranate juice – Pom Wonderful is the best)
- 1-inch slice of fresh ginger, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- 1 large sprig of fresh rosemary, plus more for garnish
- Fresh cranberries, rosemary sprigs, and thinly sliced ginger for garnish
- Fill 4 double old-fashioned glasses with ice and set aside.
- In a pitcher or quart-sized mason jar, muddle sliced ginger and rosemary together using the end of a wooden spoon or a muddler if you have one.
- Add cranberry juice and kombucha, stir gently to combine.
- Pour into ice-filled glasses (using a strainer, if necessary) and garnish with sprigs of rosemary, a slice of fresh ginger, and a few cranberries before serving.