[Foodie Friday Recipe] Peach & Burrata Summer Salad
Looking to up your salad game? Try this peach & burrata summer salad and you’ll be dreaming of summer all year long!
Move over Caprese – there’s a new summer salad in town! Fresh, ripe peaches, mint, burrata cheese, and balsamic vinegar come together to make heaven in your mouth in this sweet and savory salad. This amazing combination will tantalize your tastebuds and leave you longing for next summer for the rest of the year!
If you haven’t had burrata, it is similar to fresh mozzarella, but with a soft, creamy center like a mixture of heavy cream and ricotta. If you can’t find burrata, you can substitute fresh mozzarella, but it won’t be as luxurious.
Use the best peaches you can find – locally grown are often the sweetest and juiciest, but ripe Southern peaches will also do just fine. The recipe below is more like a loose guideline; adjust amounts as desired to serve as many people as needed.
Peach & Burrata Summer Salad
- Balsamic vinegar
- Ripe peach or nectarine (I actually prefer nectarines because there’s no fuzz on the skin!)
- Ball of burrata
- Unsalted pistachios
- Fresh mint leaves
- First you’ll need to reduce some balsamic vinegar to drizzle over your salad. Pour enough vinegar into a frying pan to just cover the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the vinegar has reduced and thickened to a nice pourable consistency – think like honey. You want it pretty thick. Set the pan aside to cool slightly.
- Slice the peach/nectarine into slices and arrange on a plate. Rough cut the burrata and top the peaches.
- Rough chop the pistachios and sprinkle them on top of the peaches and cheese. Garnish with fresh mint leaves. Using a spoon, drizzle the balsamic reduction on top of everything.
Note: try subbing in honey for the balsamic for a sweeter, almost dessert-like, salad. And if you’re really ambitious, try grilling the peaches first. Pure heaven!
Recipe Source: FreshEggsDaily.com.