Ready to curl up and relax with a cozy, warm cup of hot chocolate? Try this tasty and healthier Paleo version tonight!
Okay, so Christmas is over, but winter has just begun in earnest, which means hot chocolate is still in season!
If you’re looking for a steaming mug to cuddle up with for a quiet cozy evening at home or a sleepy weekend afternoon, fill it with this warm, tasty, and healthy hot cocoa for a special treat!
Whether you’re Paleo or just lactose-intolerant, it’s dairy-free, and so easy to make, you’ll be sipping on this all winter long…
Here’s how to make it (see full recipe from Paleo Hacks below the video):
Paleo Hot Chocolate With Coconut Whipped Cream
- 2 cups milk (almond or coconut)
- 2 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 t vanilla extract
- 1 can (14 oz.) chilled coconut cream
- 3 T coconut sugar
- For the hot chocolate: Heat milk in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once milk is boiling, remove from heat and stir in cocoa and vanilla; stir until everything is combined and pour hot chocolate into desired cup or mug.
- For the whipped cream: Remove coconut cream from the refrigerator and pour into a large bowl; whisk with an electric mixer.
- Add in coconut sugar and stir everything together.
- Top hot chocolate with whipped cream and enjoy!
Image Source: PaleoHacks.com
For more sweet Paleo treats, check out the Paleo Sweets cookbook – FREE for a limited time!