Enjoy a quick, delicious, and healthy weeknight one-pot-meal with this superfood lemon turmeric lentil soup!
Looking for a healthy, hearty, and budget-friendly recipe the whole family will enjoy? This quick and delicious weeknight meal is gluten-free, plant-centered, and packed with healthy superfoods like turmeric, ginger, and lentils. With lots of flavor, healthy protein and fiber, and plenty of veggies, this is balanced meal in one pot!
Even the kids will enjoy this flavorful soup, the leftovers are great, and it won’t take hours to prepare. Add this one to your weeknight lineup and you won’t be sorry!
Lemon & Turmeric Lentil Soup Recipe
Yield: Serves 6
Active Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Add the olive oil to a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the onion and celery to the pot and cook for 5-7 minutes, until both are browned and the onion is translucent.
- Then add the garlic and ginger and sauté for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the broth, sweet potatoes, lentils, salt, pepper, bay leaf, and turmeric to the pot and stir to combine. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes, until the lentils have softened.
- Stir the coconut milk and kale into the soup, then cook for 3-5 minutes until the kale is wilted and bright green.
- Add the lemon juice and then taste the soup for seasoning, adding additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Spoon into individual bowls and serve hot, with crusty bread or naan bread if desired.