These delectable homemade Twix bars are fun for the whole family – and they make great holiday gifts!
Looking for a delicious holiday treat that also makes a fun holiday gift? You can’t go wrong with homemade candy like these DIY Twix bars!
Of course, most candy bars are packed with refined sugar and other unhealthy ingredients, but by making your own, you can control the sugar content and make sure you’re including only quality natural ingredients that are safe for you and your loved ones.
That doesn’t mean you’ll have to miss out on your favorite satisfying treats, however. In fact, these homemade Twix bars are so tasty even the kids won’t realize they’re actually dairy-free, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, AND vegan!
This delicious recipe will satisfy your holiday candy cravings – and you’ll have plenty left over to give as gifts to your friends and family.
All you need is 7 simple ingredients:
Homemade Twix Bars Recipe
Makes: 16 bars
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Chill Time: 4 hours
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 11-13 minutes, or until sides are slightly brown. Let cool while preparing the next layer.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, honey, and vanilla extract. Mix until completely smooth, then pour over the cooled crust and place in the fridge for 1-2 hours to harden.
- Once the caramel mixture is hardened, prepare the chocolate layer. In a medium bowl, combine the coconut oil, cacao powder, maple syrup, and sea salt. Mix until smooth and pour over the caramel layer. Refrigerate until hardened, about 1 hour.
- Once the chocolate has set, remove the Twix bars by pulling up on the parchment paper. Place entire square on a cutting board and cut in half one way and in eighths the other way, creating 16 candy sticks. Keep leftovers refrigerated.