Foodie Friday Recipe: Healthy Veggie & Noodle Stir Fry
Rose S. | September 16, 2016 | Real Food Recipes
Want a fast, healthy, delicious meal in a flash? Try this quick and easy stir-fry with veggies & noodles!
What’s easier than stir fry? Not much!
For a quick weeknight dinner, or a fast lunch before hurrying off to your weekend plans, you can’t beat the simplicity, speed, and healthy flavor of a good stir fry. This one is from one of my favorite chefs, Jamie Oliver, so it’s absolutely delicious, and contains only fresh, wholesome ingredients.
If you want to avoid gluten, lower carb intake, or just use up some of your extra late summer veggies, try it with zucchini noodles using a spiralizer, instead of the egg noodles. You can also reduce sodium and add great flavor by using coconut aminos instead of soy sauce.
Vegetable & Noodle Stir-Fry
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Difficulty: Super Easy
- 250 g thin free-range egg noodles
- 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
- low-salt soy sauce
- 6 spring onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3cm piece of ginger
- 100 g sugar snap peas
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- ¼ of a Chinese cabbage (180g)
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 100 g frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- sesame oil, optional
- Feel free to finely chop and add some chilli to this dish, as well as any leftover veg you might have in the fridge. A thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger cut very finely into matchsticks is delicious thrown into the mix, too.
- Cook the noodles according to packet instructions, then drain and refresh under cold running water and drain again – this will stop them from cooking further. Tip into a large mixing bowl, pulling them apart with your fingers, then put aside. Squeeze the juice from 1 lime into a small mixing bowl and stir in the plum sauce, honey and a dash of soy sauce.
- Trim and finely slice the spring onions, then peel and finely chop the garlic and ginger. Slice the sugar snap peas in half lengthways, then deseed and slice the peppers into 1cm strips and shred the Chinese cabbage.
For full instructions, visit JamieOliver.com.
Image Source: JamieOliver.com.
[Foodie Recipe] Black Bean Brownie Truffle Bites
No Comments | Sep 28, 2018
[Foodie Friday Recipe] Kale Pomegranate Salad with Apples & Walnuts
No Comments | Sep 24, 2021
[Detox Recipe] Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Tonic
No Comments | Jan 14, 2022
[Foodie Friday Recipe] How to Make Instant Pot Bone Broth
No Comments | Jan 3, 2020
[Foodie Friday Recipe] Easy Chickpea Pita Sandwiches
No Comments | Mar 16, 2018
[Foodie Friday Recipe] Quick Korean Short Ribs (Low-Carb)
No Comments | Dec 8, 2017