[Foodie Friday Recipe] Grilled Garden Harvest Salad
Enjoy this unique grilled salad recipe to celebrate the late-summer bounty from your garden!
This delicious and unique salad utilizes the fresh produce from your garden to make a truly memorable dish! Loads of fresh garden veggies combined with herbs and lightly grilled for that unmistakable grill flavor will be scarfed down by kids and adults alike.
Use freshly picked veggies and herbs from your own garden for best flavor – or pick up any you are missing at the farmer’s market ahead of time.
Grilled Garden Harvest Salad
2 ears of corn, shucked, silk removed, washed
2 small summer (yellow) squash, washed and cut lengthwise into thirds
2 small zucchini, washed and cut lengthwise into thirds
2 vine ripened tomatoes, diced
1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
freshly grated Parmesan Cheese for garnish
- Bring grill to medium heat.
- Put corn on grill and cook about 15 minutes, turning several times, until browned and tender; remove and set aside.
- During the last 5 minutes, add the yellow squash and zucchini and grill about 5 minutes, turning over until charred evenly.
- When corn is cool, cut kernels off cob with a sharp knife, into a big bowl.
- Dice grilled zucchini and add to bowl with squash.
- Add diced tomatoes to bowl.
- Make dressing by whisking together the balsamic vinaigrette, lemon juice, garlic, chives, and basil, then pour into bowl with vegetables and toss together gently.
- Let sit for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon out into individual salad bowls and top with Parmesan cheese.