This light, simple, flavor-packed ginger cod recipe is perfect for a quick supper or company dinner with friends…
Give your taste buds a treat with this vibrantly flavored recipe! Delicately poached in a coconut milk sauce, this spicy ginger cod is packed with Thai flavors like lemongrass, lime, ginger, and chilies. It’s perfect for a quick weeknight dinner, but elegant enough for company as well!
And it’s Whole30, Paleo and keto-friendly, and gluten-free.
You’ll have a healthy, delicious meal on the table in under an hour with this simple recipe!
Ginger Cod in Lemongrass Coconut Broth
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
2 tablespoons Thrive Market Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
1 large shallot, minced
3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
½ teaspoon Thrive Market Organic Crushed Red Pepper
1 (14.5-ounce) can Thrive Market Organic Coconut Milk
1 cup vegetable broth
2 (4-inch) stalks lemongrass, halved lengthwise and smashed
Peels and juice from 2 limes
1 (2-inch) piece ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
2 teaspoons fish sauce
2 sprigs fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
4 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless Thrive Market Wild-Caught Cod Fillets
1 teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon Thrive Market Organic Black Pepper
1 jalapeño, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Add coconut oil to a large skillet and warm over medium heat. When melted, add shallot, garlic, and red pepper flakes; sauté until shallots are translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, vegetable broth, lemongrass, lime peels, ginger, fish sauce, and cilantro. Simmer, whisking occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Lightly place the fish into the sauce and bring sauce back to a simmer, then cover the pan and reduce heat to low. Cook about 5 to 6 minutes, or until cod is cooked through and flaky.
- Transfer fish to a shallow bowl.
- Whisk lime juice, salt, and pepper into the sauce, then ladle it over the fish.
- Garnish with cilantro and jalapeño.