Celebrate the holiday season with these easy, rich, chocolate truffles – perfect for gift-giving, or to enjoy as a special treat!
Looking for a fun, easy, and edible homemade gift idea? Try these deliciously rich chocolate truffles! These homemade candies are easy to mix up quickly, so if you’re looking for a last-minute gift idea, you can’t go wrong with these rich and creamy bites.
To give them a little kick, try adding a pinch of chili pepper – or add a few drops of peppermint extract for that classic mint-chocolate combo! Or you can mix it up and make multiple flavors. There are plenty of ways to have fun with this easy recipe and make it your own.
Rich Chocolate Truffles Recipe
Yield: About 40
Time: 25 minutes + chill time
- Break the chocolate into little chunks (unless you are using chocolate morsels) and place in a small bowl. In a saucepan, bring the cream to a boil, add the butter and take off the heat. Pour the cream over the chocolate chunks and leave to stand for a few minutes, giving the chocolate a chance to melt.
- Stir the mixture and leave for another few minutes. Stir it again to make sure it’s mixed thoroughly, then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until set.
- Toast the hazelnuts, crush them up into fine bits and place them in a shallow bowl. Place the cocoa in another shallow bowl. With a teaspoon, scoop out little balls of the set truffle mixture. Roll in the palm of your hand, then in either the cocoa or crushed hazelnuts to coat.
- OPTIONAL: When you’ve used up most of the mixture, stir in the cayenne pepper or other flavoring (if using), and make the last few truffles with your optional flavoring.
- Place truffles in the fridge to firm up for about half an hour before serving them with a cup of coffee or wrapping them as a gift.