Eat clean and healthy and give your body a boost with this delicious & nutritious detox salad recipe!
Some people think of a “detox” as either a weird juice cleanse where you eat nothing and drink lemon juice and cayenne pepper all day (my heartburn says yikes!), or a diet where you can’t eat anything except for vegetables and water for a week. However, you can experience all the healthy benefits of a detox by simply eating clean, healthy, and nutritious foods every day – no special “diet” required!
Instead of cutting out all your favorite foods and trying to subsist on kale and green smoothies, opt for a varied meal plan of whole foods filled with different colors, textures and flavors, such as the recipe below. And guess what, as long as you keep your meals based on healthy staples like fresh fruits and veggies, clean protein sources, and good fats, you will feel both healthy and satisfied!
This colorful and delicious detox salad contains the powerful nutritional benefits of broccoli, cauliflower, purple cabbage, and carrots, along with sunflower seeds for protein and crunch, and it’s tossed all together with a flavorful lemon ginger vinaigrette. This one is perfect for any detox diet or just a regular lunch when you want to eat healthy and feel full and satisfied!
For the best nutrition and fewer toxins, be sure to choose organic ingredients if possible.
Crunchy Detox Salad Recipe
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 cup red cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1 cup carrots, roughly chopped
- 1-1/2 cups fresh parsley
- 2 celery stalks
- ½ cup almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup organic raisins
For the Vinaigrette
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons clover honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Either chop the ingredients using a good sharp knife, or toss them individually in a food processor and quickly process until they’re finely chopped.
- Add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl and toss with the vinaigrette.
For the Vinaigrette
- Place the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a jar with a lid. Place the lid on the jar and shake the ingredients. Or place all of the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to incorporate well. Best if refrigerated for up to an hour before use.
For more great detox recipes for every meal, check out this list at Greatist.com!