Warm up with this healthy & delicious golden sweet potato carrot soup…
This creamy and comforting sweet potato carrot soup offers a warming and nutritious pick-me-up on a cold winter night! Sweet, rich, flavorful, and filling, this plant-based soup is packed with antioxidants and fiber, so it’s both satisfying and great for your gut health as well as your overall health and wellness.
Add some crunch with a sprinkle of toasted sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds, and feel free to switch it up by using butternut squash instead for a slightly nuttier flavor. You can also freeze the leftovers to enjoy later. This is one you’ll want to make again and again!
Sweet Potato Carrot Soup Recipe:
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 25 min.
Total Time: 45 min.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes cut into cubes (approximately 7–8 cups)
- 2 large carrots (sliced, approximately 2 cups)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 large yellow onion (thin sliced)
- 4 medium garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 5 cups vegetable broth (unsalted, preferably homemade)
- 2 tbsp raw sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup microgreens (arugula, radish, basil, or any microgreen of choice)
- salt (optional) to taste
- ground black pepper (optional) to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Evenly spread out sweet potatoes and carrots on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, if desired. Roast until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the mustard seeds and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 3–5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, turmeric, and ground cumin and cook for 60 seconds.