Enjoy this tasty spring side dish at your next barbecue, or as part of a quick weeknight dinner!
It’s full-on spring, and you know what that means… Asparagus season! Nothing says spring like the crisp-tender bite of fresh asparagus, and there’s no better way to enjoy it than oven-roasted. This simple and delicious recipe is a great way to get even the pickiest kid to eat their vegetables!
All you need are a few simple ingredients to whip up this delicious side dish that’s perfect with grilled meat – a great start to the summer grilling season. It’s also a good one to share with guests at your next barbecue. (To save a few minutes when guests arrive, you can prep the asparagus in advance, then just pop it in the oven when the time is right.)
Bacon & Cheese Asparagus
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, rinsed, dried, and trimmed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup bacon, cooked and chopped
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place asparagus in 9×9″ baking dish, then toss with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then top with cheese.
- Roast for 15 minutes, or until cheese begins to brown.
- If desired, broil for the last 2-3 minutes.
- Top with bacon and parsley before serving.