This deliciously flavorful fish brings the flavors of the Mediterranean to your table with every bite!
While the Mediterranean diet centers largely around vegetables and fruits, fish also makes frequent appearances.
This light, aromatic, and flavorful dish is perfect for a light summer dinner – and it takes less than an hour to prepare. Lemon, fennel, olives, and white wine create such a perfect combination, you’ll feel like you’re enjoying a meal on the Greek coast with every bite!
This is one of the easiest ways to prepare fish. The bag keeps everything moist, and seals in the juices and flavors so that you get an incredibly tasty fish when it’s done. You can prepare this one either on the grill or in the oven – it’s quite flexible.
Try this one when you’re looking for something quick, healthy, light, and tasty!
Quick & Easy Grilled Mediterranean Fish In a Bag
(Serves 1; Simply multiply the ingredients and make multiple packets for more people.)
- 2 small potatoes
- ½ a bulb of fennel
- ½ a lemon
- 5 ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful of black olives (stone in)
- 1 x 4-oz firm white fish fillet, such as sea bass, haddock, halibut, skin off, pin-boned, sustainably sourced
- olive oil
- 1 splash of white wine
- Make a bag for your fish by tearing off a 35cm x 45cm strip of tin foil and folding it in half across the middle. Fold three of the sides up like an envelope… Leave one side open.
- Roughly chop or slice the potatoes, then cook in a pan of boiling salted water for 6 minutes. Drain and leave to cool slightly.
- Trim and chop the fennel into wedges, reserving the fronds, then finely slice the lemon. Halve the cherry tomatoes, then squash the olives and remove the stones.
- Place the fennel, lemon, tomatoes and olives into a large bowl with the cooled potatoes and fish. Drizzle lightly with oil, and season with sea salt and black pepper, then toss gently to coat.