This delicious zucchini bread makes a great make-ahead breakfast, and can also be frozen to enjoy later…
If your summer squash is running wild, this delicious zucchini bread recipe is the perfect way to use up some of the excess in a way that the whole family will love! You can even preserve zucchini for future use by making several loaves of this and freezing it for later. (Or, grate and freeze your zucchini and thaw it out to make fresh zucchini bread this winter!)
This delicious quick bread makes a great grab-and-go breakfast or snack, and you can also make this recipe in muffin tins or smaller loaf pans as well. It’s a great way to get the kids to eat their veggies – in fact, they won’t even know they’re in there! 🙂
Feel free to decrease the sugar if you prefer it less sweet, and you can also substitute whole-grain flour or mix half whole-grain and half all-purpose flour for a healthier result. You could also add 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans if you like nuts in your bread.
Best Ever Homemade Zucchini Bread
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2-3 tsp cinnamon
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat the eggs until frothy – about 5 minutes
- Then add the sugar, oil, applesauce, zucchini, and vanilla.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients until mixed well.
- Pour the batter into 2 well-greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until firm and a toothpick or knife comes out clean.
- Let cool, then slice and serve with a smear of butter – or all by itself!