Try these all-natural homemade bath & body products as DIY holiday gift ideas for a personal touch under the tree this year…
The gift-giving season is upon us, and if you are looking for a unique, handmade gift for your loved ones this year, you can’t go wrong with a DIY bath or body care product made with all-natural, safe, and wholesome ingredients!
Not only is it easier to make your own bath and body products than you may expect, it’s also a whole lot cheaper than buying them at the store, and you can make sure they don’t contain any harmful chemicals that you would prefer not to put on your skin (or share with your loved ones).
Lotions, scrubs, facial masks, and lip balms are all super easy to make using just a few simple ingredients.
Package these in a fun jar or decorative tin, add a ribbon, and you have a unique, thoughtful, and affordable gift to share with friends and family!
Here are 3 unique DIY holiday gift ideas to try making this year, from Mother Earth Living:
1.) Grapefruit Sugar Scrub for Sensitive Skin
This grapefruit sugar scrub is a good body scrub for sensitive skin. The almond oil helps to seal in moisture, while grapefruit essential oil has antiseptic properties to help heal troubled skin.
(Makes 8 oz.)
• 1 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup almond oil
• 10 drops lavender essential oil
• 10 drops grapefruit essential oil
- Mix all ingredients together in a small glass or plastic container with a lid.
- To use, rinse off with a quick warm shower, and then massage the scrub onto your damp skin while standing in the bathtub.
- Finish by rinsing well with warm water. (Note: This scrub may make the tub slippery, so use a rubber mat to avoid falls.)
2.) Beet Root Lip Stain
Lip stains are perfect when you want just a hint of color. This recipe uses dried beet root powder, which is sold at natural food stores. You also could try fresh berry juice or alkanet root powder for color variations.
(Makes 1 oz.)
• 2 tablespoons light oil, such as sunflower, almond or walnut
• 1 tablespoon grated beeswax (or beeswax pellets)
• ⅛ to 1 teaspoon beet root powder (depending on color desired)
- On a stove or in a microwave, gently heat oils and beeswax to melt wax.
- Add beet root powder and stir well. Don’t worry if the mixture seems to separate; it will congeal when cool.
- As the mixture cools, you can add more powder, if necessary, to reach the desired shade (pink to deep red).
- Spoon lip stain into a clean container.
3.) Lavender Beeswax Hand Cream
The elegant, gentle scent of the lavender flower will calm your nerves. Use this cream to hydrate your skin before bedtime to promote restful sleep.
(Makes about 14 oz.)
• 1 cup sweet almond oil
• 1/2 cup coconut oil
• 2 ounces (weight) beeswax
• 1/2 teaspoon vitamin E oil
• 15 to 20 drops of lavender essential oil
You will also need a double boiler and a jar for storing your hand cream.
- Combine the oils and beeswax in the top half of a double boiler.
- Heat just until the wax melts.
- Remove from heat. Stir frequently while cooling.
- Add vitamin E oil and lavender essential oil. Stir until fully blended.
- Spoon cream into a clean jar or container.
Find more natural DIY bath & body recipes at MotherEarthLiving.com.