Try this delicious mayo-free Greek yogurt coleslaw recipe at your next summer barbecue!
This light and fresh coleslaw recipe substitutes Greek yogurt for the typical mayo for a lighter flavor and fewer calories. It’s perfect for mayo-haters, or those looking for a lower-fat version of the traditional summer classic. However, while it may be lower in fat, it certainly doesn’t skimp on flavor! Mustard, lemon juice, honey, and apple cider vinegar give this easy side dish a tangy kick that will give your taste buds a real treat.
This tangy Greek yogurt coleslaw will become the new favorite at your next barbecue or potluck, and it also makes a great topping for burgers, hot dogs, or veggie burgers. If you’re pressed for time, you can use pre-shredded cabbage, or a pre-mixed bag of coleslaw mix. Just remember that pre-cut veggies won’t be as nutritious as freshly cut!
Greek Yogurt Coleslaw Recipe
- 4 cups shredded cabbage (or 1 10-ounce bag pre-shredded)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced green onions
- 2/3 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey, warmed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- pinch of salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- Combine the cabbage, carrot and green onions in a large bow, and toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, lemon juice, vinegar, honey, mustard celery salt, and a pinch of salt and pepper until combine. Taste, and season with extra salt and pepper if needed.
- Pour the Greek yogurt mixture into the cabbage mixture, and toss until evenly combined.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.