Who doesn’t love ice cream? Luckily for me, it’s summer, which means it’s ice cream season! Here’s how to make a totally delicious, totally simple and easy peach ice cream to please all the ice cream lovers in your family.
Nothing says summer like ice cream and peaches! This easy-peasy ice cream recipe is not only simple to make, but completely delicious – without all the weird additives typically found in store-bought ice cream. (Seriously – Guar gum? Carageenan? Propylene glycol? 3 kinds of corn syrup? Take a look at the ingredients label at some of the ice creams in your grocery’s freezer case, and you’ll be amazed at all the junk they throw in there…)
Real ice cream typically only needs three ingredients: Cream or half & half, sweetener (I like maple syrup), and some kind of flavoring. That’s it!
I make ice cream all the time, and it’s so easy I don’t know why I don’t make it even more than I do… My favorite is strawberry, but next time we have some good peaches I’m definitely giving this one from WeedEmAndReap.com a try!
Get your summer on, and mix this one up soon for summer’s sake!
Summer Peach Ice Cream
Yield: 1 quart
2 c. whole milk* (read why I drink whole milk here)
2 c. peaches, preferably organic
1 c. heavy cream *(You could also use 3 cups half & half instead of the milk and cream – I always use organic.)
Sweetener according to your taste (maple syrup, honey, unrefined cane sugar, coconut sugar)
1. Place peaches (without pits of course) in blender (affiliate link) and pulse ’till good & pureed.
2. Add milk & cream and pulse again ’till blended.
3. Depending on how sweet your peaches are, you may not need much sweetener at all. I’ll leave the amount up to you. Just taste the mixture and make according to your sweet level.
4. Place in an ice cream maker (I have this one (affiliate link)) and mix for 15-30 minutes until it magically becomes ice cream!
5. Eat right away, or for a firmer ice cream, transfer to a container and freeze for up to 1 hour before serving.