A simple and delicious winter cocktail perfect for your next holiday party…
While we all know that alcoholic beverages aren’t the best for our health, many of us do indulge once in a while, especially during the holidays. In honor of the holiday season, we’re sharing a tasty winter cocktail perfect for the season – with seasonal citrus and warming bourbon to give you that toasty feeling during your next holiday toast!
If you don’t have satsumas (commonly known as “Cuties”) you can also substitute tangerines for a similar flavor.
This simple recipe from Modern Farmer contains just a few ingredients, but it packs a punch, so please consume responsibly.
Satsuma Bourbon Smash Cocktail Recipe
Serves: 2 (may be easily adjusted to serve more people)
- 6 satsuma segments (or tangerine)
- 2 oz bourbon
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tsp cane syrup (or maple syrup)
- 4 dashes bitters
- club soda
- Muddle the satsuma segments in a cocktail shaker.
- Add the bourbon, lemon juice, bitters, and cane or maple syrup.
- Fill shaker with ice, replace cap, and shake vigorously for 1 minute, or until a frost forms.
- Strain evenly into 2 pint-size mason jars filled with crushed ice.
- Top with club soda and garnish with a satsuma twist.
- Enjoy in moderation!
Image Credit: Rush Jagoe at ModernFarmer.com