Looking for a tasty, healthy, nutritious make-ahead breakfast option that you can eat on the go? Try these delicious Paleo muffins!
If you want a healthy and easy breakfast idea, look no further! These Paleo breakfast muffins are packed full of real, nutritious ingredients like bananas, carrots, and sunflower butter. They are grain-free, dairy-free, and nut-free (though you can make them with nut butter if you prefer), so they are perfect for the Paleo dieter, or those on a gluten-free eating plan.
Cinnamon provides a flavorful kick, while bananas add natural sweetness – no sugar needed! Coconut flour is a good alternative to regular flour in these tasty muffins, and if you prefer peanut butter or almond butter, you can use that instead of the creamy sunflower butter. This is a great way to get your kids to eat more fruits and vegetables, and they contain an excellent balance of protein, carbs, and healthy fats.
They only take 30 minutes to make, but if you’re always in a hurry in the morning, make them the day before for a quick and easy breakfast or snack on the go throughout the week. They also freeze well.
These tasty breakfast muffins are a great way to eat healthy even when you’re busy!
Paleo Morning Glory Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a muffin pan by lightly coating it with coconut oil.
- In a blender, shred the carrots by pulsing several times. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, sunflower butter, banana, salt, and vanilla
- In a smaller bowl, combine baking soda, baking powder, coconut flour, and cinnamon.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet mixture until they’re fully incorporated. Then fold shredded carrots into the batter until it’s fully incorporated. Pour batter into muffin tin.
- Bake 20 minutes until muffins are set, and a toothpick can be removed cleanly.
- Remove from the oven, and transfer to a wire rack to cool.