Looking for the perfect holiday side dish? Try this delicious and nutritious recipe – it’ll feed a crowd, without breaking the bank!
Sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts are two classic holiday vegetables, so why not put them together? Add cranberries and pecans, and you have the holidays in a dish!
Perfect for holiday parties, this simple recipe looks beautiful on your holiday table – plus it boasts loads of fiber and healthy vitamins, enhanced with the health benefits and warm spice of cinnamon. Cranberries add an extra punch of vitamin c and other antioxidants, while pecans contain healthy fats and add a great crunchy texture.
Any leftovers (if you’re that lucky) are wonderful for breakfast the next day combined with crumbled bacon or a fried egg for a perfect Paleo breakfast!
Maple Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts
Cook Time: 50 minutes
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- 6 cups sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t sea salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F and lightly coat a baking pan with some extra virgin olive oil. Place Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes in baking dish. Add maple syrup, extra virgin olive oil, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Snip rosemary into large pieces and place on top. Bake 40 minutes.
- Carefully remove pan from oven and remove any large pieces of rosemary. Add pecans and cranberries and stir well. Bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
Image Courtesy of PaleoHacks.com