Support your keto diet with plenty of healthy veggies in this delicious & nutritious frittata recipe…
Looking for a tasty and satisfying keto meal option? This delicious broccoli and pesto frittata is not only tasty, but also full of healthy fats and nutritious high-fiber ingredients! It makes a great breakfast, but is versatile enough to enjoy as a quick and easy lunch or dinner as well.
While eating keto can be good for you, it can also be not so great – if it’s not done right. After all, you don’t want to substitute fatty junk for nutritious vegetables for the sake of reducing carbs! It is important to balance your body’s needs for healthy fiber and other nutrients when you’re following a keto diet. This recipe does just that.
Superfoods broccoli and spinach bring some antioxidants and fiber to the party, and turmeric adds healthy curcumin to the mix, along with great flavor. Pili nuts make a great addition, but if you can’t find them, you can substitute pine nuts or walnuts instead, although the flavor will be slightly different.
Keto Broccoli & Pesto Frittata
Total Time: 35 minutes
2 tablespoons Simply GOODFATS Organic MCT Oil
½ onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups finely chopped broccoli florets
½ teaspoon ground turmeric
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ cup Creamed Pesto (see below)
Black pepper to taste
1 cup basil
1 cup spinach
¼ cup Simply GOODFATS Organic MCT Oil
2 tablespoons pili nuts or pine nuts
¼ cup full fat ricotta cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place basil, spinach, MCT oil and Pili (or pine) nuts in the bowl of a food processor and blend until evenly combined. Add ricotta cheese and a little salt and pepper, then pulse a few times until combined. Taste and adjust seasoning depending on desired preference. Set creamed pesto to the side.
- Preheat oven to 350° F and set oven rack in the center.
- Heat MCT oil in an oven-safe cast iron pan over medium heat. Saute onion for about 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Lower heat, then stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about another minute.
- Add in broccoli and a little water to loosen vegetable mixture and cook until fork-tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- With a fork, beat eggs, turmeric, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Swirl in the Creamed Pesto. Add the egg mixture over the veggies and cook on low for a few minutes. Finish cooking in the oven until eggs are firm and solid texture, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before slicing.