Enjoy the REAL breakfast of champions with this delicious grain-free keto avocado toast recipe!
Whether you are on the Keto Diet or not, eggs can make a very healthy breakfast – especially if you get them from free-roaming, pasture-raised chickens. Pastured eggs are naturally high in Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, beta carotene, and Omega-3 fatty acids. Pair them with avocado (high in fiber, Vitamins A, C, and B, and glutathione), and these gluten-free chia seed toasts, and you’ve got a wonderfully delicious, healthy and anti-inflammatory meal fit for Keto, Paleo, or any healthy diet!
You can use whatever seeds you like to make the “toast,” so feel free to use your favorite combination of flax, chia, poppy, sesame, or other seeds of your choosing. Nutritious seeds like these are filled with protein, fiber, mono- and poly-unsaturated fats, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, so they’re a super healthy substitute for grains. Add some healthy spices such as cumin, turmeric, ginger, cayenne, etc., to suit your tastes, and you’ll kick the healthy benefits of this meal up a notch, as well as make it tastier and easier to digest!
Keto Avocado Seed Toast with Herbed Eggs
Yield: 2 servings
Time, including toast: 30 minutes (plus 10 minutes to preheat the oven)
- 1 tablespoon pastured butter, ghee, or oil of choice
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1 ripe avocado, peel and seed removed
- Chopped fresh herbs (such as thyme, dill, parsley, cilantro, and chives)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Fine ground Celtic sea salt, to taste
- 2 flaxseed toasts (recipe below)
- Heat butter in pan over low heat; crack eggs into pan. Top with herbs and black pepper, to taste, and cook until the whites are set
- Slice avocado and place a few slices on top of each toast
- Top each toast with an egg and garnish with additional herbs, if desired
- 4 tablespoons freshly ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon fine Celtic sea salt
- Spices, as desired and to taste (such a dried herbs, cumin, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, fenugreek, cayenne pepper)
- Enough water to make the mixture spreadable
- Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 325 degrees F
- Combine all ingredients
- Spread onto parchment and bake 17 minutes
- Serve warm. If you make these in advance, you can warm them in a toaster oven.