Celebrate spring with green dream noodles – a light and simple meal filled with healthy, fresh spring veggies!
This delicious broth with miso, rice noodles, and fresh green vegetables is a perfect light, nutritious and filling spring meal! Peas, broccoli, spinach, and mushrooms offer lots of healthy nutrients, while the ginger and miso kick it up a notch with savory, spicy, and umami flavors. Green dream noodles make a quick and easy healthy lunch idea, and it’s also great for a light supper.
If you would like to add some healthy fats and make it a bit heartier, it’s also delicious served with a fried or soft-boiled egg on top!
Green Dream Noodles Recipe:
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 small handful of sugar snap peas
- 1 handful of button mushrooms
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2-cm piece of ginger
- 1 sachet of miso paste (or about 2-3 TBs)
- 1 small handful of broccoli
- 1 large handful of baby spinach
- 100 g rice noodles
- a few sprigs of fresh coriander
- Halve the sugar snaps and button mushrooms, peel and finely slice the garlic, and peel and finely grate the ginger.
- Dilute the miso with water in a large saucepan as per instructions. Bring to a simmer and add the broccoli, sugar snaps and mushrooms, and cook until the broccoli is tender but still bright green.
- Add the spinach, garlic, ginger and noodles until the noodles soften, then pick over the coriander leaves.