Enjoy this creamy and antioxidant-rich soup as a healthy & delicious part of your detox diet!
As we discussed on Monday, cleansing and detoxifying your bodily systems doesn’t have to be painful, difficult, or unpleasant. All you need to do is eat healthy, whole foods, eliminate anything unhealthy from your diet, and allow your body to do its job of naturally detoxifying itself.
The recipe below from Dina Hassan over at Paleo Hacks is an example of a delicious, super-healthy, detoxifying meal. It’s packed full of fiber and antioxidants, vitamin B, iron, and other helpful detoxifying ingredients. It’s creamy, slightly sweet, and loaded with flavorful elements such as garlic, cumin, and coriander.
Baking the beets and sweet potatoes takes the longest; once they are done, it will only take 10-15 minutes to whip up this tasty recipe.
Detox Beet Soup with Coconut Milk
Cook Time: 1 hr
Prep Time: 10 mins
- 3 large red beets
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t freshly ground black pepper
- 1 t cumin powder
- 1/2 t coriander powder
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 T fresh chives, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash the sweet potatoes and beets under cool running water. Wrap them in separate foil sheets, place them on a baking tray, and roast for 1 hour. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, chop and sauté the onion with extra virgin olive oil until translucent. Add minced garlic and sauté for another minute. Season with salt, pepper, cumin and coriander. Set aside.
Image Source: Paleo Hacks