Enjoy this delicious diabetic-friendly recipe whenever you’re looking for a quick, tasty, low-carb meal!
Who says diabetes is a recipe for boring, bland food? Quite the contrary – diabetics have a whole world of healthy, delicious, amazingly flavorful foods available to them – and this quick and zesty diabetic-friendly recipe proves it!
Enjoy tender grilled citrus-marinated shrimp on a bed of fresh spring greens for the perfect summer or spring meal. This is a light and refreshing dish that is low in carbs, fat and calories, but packed full of flavor! Get outdoors and enjoy the beautiful weather while preparing and enjoying this delicious and healthy dish that’s perfect for diabetics or anyone else who wants a tasty and healthy quick dinner that packs a punch of zesty flavors and is ready in a jiffy!
Here’s how to make it:
Citrus Grilled Shrimp with Spring Greens
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
2 clementine oranges, juiced
1 lime, juiced
Dash hot sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon pepper
16 large shrimp, raw
Cooking spray or olive or coconut oil (for oiling the grill)
4 cups spring mix salad
2 clementine oranges, peeled and sectioned
2 clementine oranges, juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a medium bowl, whisk together orange and lime juice, hot sauce, garlic and pepper. Add shrimp to bowl and place in refrigerator to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Prepare an indoor or outdoor grill to medium. Spray grill rack with cooking spray, or rub with a paper towel dipped in olive oil or coconut oil.
- Place shrimp on skewers and grill for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done.
- Serve shrimp on top of spring mix salad with clementine slices.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and pour over shrimp and salad.
- Serve on its own, or with a side of cauliflower rice.