Enjoy this super easy and delicious recipe to celebrate spring. You’ll have dinner on the table in 30 minutes or less!
This light and simple baked salmon recipe just begs to be enjoyed in the spring with fresh asparagus from your own garden! If you don’t have your own asparagus, look for organic spears at your local market that are fat and bright green, with tight, firm tips and no shriveling on the stems.
This delicious and nutritious recipe contains lots of nutrients and healthy fats, and is also low-carb. Look for wild-caught salmon if you can find it, or if you live in an area where you can buy locally-caught salmon, that’s even better.
It’s healthy, tasty, and super-easy, and even better, there’s almost no cleanup afterwards! 🙂
Baked Salmon With Asparagus, Lemon, & Dill
Time: 25-30 min.
- 36-40 asparagus spears, ends removed
- 4-6oz thick cut wild salmon filet, skin off (1 for each person you are serving)
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 fresh dill sprigs, plus more for garnish if desired
- 1 large lemon, sliced thinly
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and place a large rectangular piece of parchment paper on your work surface.
- Place about 8 to 10 asparagus spears in the center but slightly off to one side of the parchment paper.
- Place salmon fillet over the asparagus, drizzle with a little bit of olive oil, season with salt and pepper then top with 3 slices of lemon and a couple of dill fronds.
- Fold parchment paper over the salmon and seal the edges by making overlapping folds all around the edge. At the end, tuck the final crease under the pouch to secure the seal. Repeat 3 more times with remaining ingredients. Place pouches on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven, let sit for 5 minutes and then carefully cut open the parchment paper.
- Garnish with additional fresh dill and serve immediately.